2008 Hyundai Veracruz - Dead battery and lights

car died battery light and all lights came on

My top of the head guess would be that your alternator failed. Granted, it could also be a broken serpentine belt or something else altogether. I’m going to make another guess and say it won’t start now. A mechanic who has access to the vehicle can tell you for sure.

hi dave i took my 2008 hyundai veracruz into garage for a oil change,picked up the car and headed home 20 minutes

as i got to my street all the lights and battery light came on and the car stalled,i contacted the garage and the mechanic said
its must be your alternator

so i charged the battery and the started car ,it ran fine but to be safe i turned it off and looked at checking the alternator
there are 2 fuses on the positive terminals,was wondering if that could be the problem before i have the alternator changed

appreciate your help

thanks mike

Most auto parts stores will check your alternator for free.
Could also be corroded connections on the battery and/or ground.

Hi, Mike. I’m not a mechanic so take this with a big grain of salt. Anyway, AFAIK it’s unlikely your problem is caused by a blown fuse. Among other things, if your luck is anything like mine and the issue could be either a $5 fuse or a $300 alternator, which do you think it will be? Besides, a fuse doesn’t blow because you have a “bad fuse,” it blows because there’s a problem somewhere else in the circuit. So even if it were the fuse it would only be a symptom, not the real trouble. A good mechanic will do tests to diagnose your problem and proceed from there. Best of luck.

thank you so much i will keep in touch and let you know how it plays out

regards mike