2008 GMC Envoy XL - Any issues to know about?

Any recalls or big problems?

You can check on this site for recalls.

1 Like

You can also call the dealer to see if your vehicle has any open recalls on it…

Another idea, check what folks have posted here about their own Envoy’s problems. Forum search link, upper right this page. GM’s of that era tended to have some trouble with the dashboard gauges acting up as I recall.

It is a 15 year old vehicle. ALL of the issues are a concern. All of them.

Have it inspected BEFORE you purchase the SUV by a mechanic of your choice, not the seller’s. Best money you will ever spend.

2 Likes

Why are you asking ?

Carefully look at the forward mounting pocket for the rear, upper control/trailing arms. They tend to rust out the frame in that area. Look at the side of the frame inside that welded bracket, perhaps probing with a small screwdriver to look for holes. Once it gets a foothold there, the frame won’t last much longer.

Look at the brake lines on the left, inner fender. You’ll see a rubber isolator with two lines in it. The brake lines tend to rust out right there first. When I buy a TrailVoy, I remove that isolator and rust proof the lines. They are always well rusted there.

It’ll take some doing, but inspect any of the hydraulic lines going across the steering rack/frame area from one side to the other. From the right angle, you can see them from up top with a strong flashlight.

In general, rust is the primary concern. If the truck has the I6 engine, that would be a plus from reliability perspective. However, they are by no means fuel efficient by current standards.

3 Likes