2008 Chrysler Town & Country - Warning lights

My 2008 Chrysler Town and Country has the ABS, no slip, and other lights coming on brake related. It has 158,000 miles. One minute the brakes will catch and grind, the next minute they seem fine. I don’t know if it’s even worth paying for a mechanic to see what’s causing the problem. What are the likely culprits.

I had this same thing happen on my Dodge when there was ice on the roads once. I think one of the wheel spin sensors detected slippage or something along those lines, and triggered the lights.

Luckily mine went away and hasn’t come back.

If your lights remain on for a while, I’d take it to a mechanic. You don’t want to take a chance on brakes not working properly.

Thanks. I am not driving it right now, for the fear of the brakes not working properly.

Most likely cause is a wheel speed sensor. Because it’s intermittent, a scanner can determine which one is bad by monitoring while driving.

What is the condition of your tires?
How old are they?

Tires that are badly-worn–or that have hardened as a result of age–can produce those symptoms.

Thank you!

There was a mostly unraveled, hilly, curvy, 2 lane route that I used to enjoy taking to my sons house way out in the country.

The higher spots frequently iced up in the winter. The primitive ABS in my 98 Olds Intrigue would get so confused that I would arrive in his driveway with the ABS buzzibf and
ABS ,Traction Control, cruise control, and slip detector lights all flashing.

After one very spirited drive, that continued for 20 minutes after I had shut off the car.