2008 Chevrolet 3500 - Why did the car stop?

Has any one found out why car stopped.

We here at Car Talk forums aren’t able to see the post you are apparently referring to. Suggest to explain what sort of problem you are having, and include engine and transmission configuration for your 3500.

2 Likes

My crystal ball is in for service, can’t see your problem.

3 Likes

My crystal ball says… It was a red light. :rofl:

4 Likes

As I used to say to some of my more obtuse students, I have degrees in history and psychology, but I don’t have any credentials related to mind-reading.

:thinking:

I think you just did, read my mind. :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

A 3500 is not a car.

1 Like

Why did the chicken cross the road?
How do you get down off an elephant?

1 Like

How high is up?

Because an elephant was chasing her… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Actually it was to show the possum that it could be done. :roll_eyes: :laughing:

2 Likes

It’s a heavy-duty pickup truck, right? Car or truck, either can stop working, and for similar reasons.

That is true, but the completely cryptic 8 word original post only stated that the vehicle “stopped”.
Did the engine stop, or was this a possible reference to some sort of braking issue?

We will probably never find out the actual details.

I’m not sure where these posts are coming from. Are they all being directed to Car Talk from the same website? Or are there multiple websites involved?

The topic “asks someone who owns one” idea of a poster asking other owners of the same make/model/year about a problem they have seems like a good idea. But in practice I don’t recall anyone having the same car saying they have the same problem.

+1, George
Additionally, the OP seemed to be making reference to another vehicle, rather than his own vehicle. It’s like walking in on a conversation in the middle, with no context for the beginning.

Or a van, like the Express 3500.

Putting this all together-

Has any one found out why car stopped
To let the chickens cross the road, of course!

3 Likes

There is a fuel pump complaint at Car Complaints along with the invitation to ask someone;

“Why did the chicken cross the road?”

Back in the early days of the Car Talk forum (Cafe Dartre) there was a long thread about the road crossing chicken, with a lot of funny responses.
It was archived and earlier today I posted a link to that archived thread.
Someone, who presumably hasn’t been here long enough to be familiar with the Cafe, flagged it as off topic, and it was removed.
Anyone interested can PM me for the link.

I remember reading that. Seems to me it was in rant and rave where duels were common.
Good fun sitting in a hotel room with nothing else to do.