2007 Toyota Camry maintenance reminder light

I just passed 55,000 miles. Only work done was ignition knock sensor and intake gasket, $1,000 last year.
Recently, maintenance required light came on. Had the oil changed on schedule. Maintenance light went out and later started flickering and has been solid since. Manual does not indicate anything else to be done. Is the light stuck or could there be another problem? I see some exhaust when I first start the car each day.
Thanks.
Carolyn Cervenka

Are you sure the maintenance reminder was reset when the oil was changed? Did you try to reset the maintenance reminder again?

I don’t know if the dealer reset it and I don’t know how to do it. Does the manual show you how? Will check in the morning.

Thanks,

CC

Just put ( reset 2007 toyota camry service light ) in your search engine and you will find several articles and videos on how to reset the light.

1 Like

During an oil change sometimes people forget to reset the maintenance reminder but you can reset it yourself.

Page 145 of the owners manual has the instructions for resetting the maintenance reminder.

Resetting the engine oil maintenance data;

The engine oil maintenance data must be reset after replacement of the engine oil.
Reset the data by the following procedure:
1. Turn off the engine with the trip meter A reading shown.
For details, see “—Odometer and two trip meters” on page 138 in this Section.
2. The ignition switch must be set at ON while holding down the trip meter reset
knob. A message “OIL MILEAGE RESET MODE” will appear on the display.
3. Hold down the knob at least 5 seconds. A message “COMPLETE” will appear,
then the message “OIL MILEAGE RESET” goes off.

Thanks, I will give it a try…

CC

Good chance the maintenance light wasn’t reset during the most recent service, assuming that was done recently.

“The [maintenance] light illuminates for about 3 seconds and then flashes for about 15 second every 4,500 miles after the maintenance has been reset. Most often this just means your vehicle might be due for an oil change. The light will come on and remain on if the distance driven exceeds 5,000 miles after the maintenance data has been reset.”

I followed your instructions and it is ok now. Found the instructions in the manual, so can handle it in the future.

Thnks for your quick response.

Carolyn

Glad you got that pesky maintenance light problem under control now OP. Best of luck.