2007 Toyota Camry dash is melting and sticky

Coverlay has a dash cover for your vehicle.

https://coverlaymfg.com/series-2-coverlay-dash-cover.html#!year%3D2007||make%3DTOYOTA||model%3DCAMRY

Tester

I agree that Dorman is not as good as factory, but at a quarter to a third the cost of factory regulators, I was willing to buy them.

I have had good luck with Dorman parts. So far, I have purchased Dorman window cranks, interior door handles, exterior door handles, PCV hoses, vacuum hoses, vacuum hose fittings, and transmission cooler hoses for more than one vehicle. I also purchased a Dorman brand radiator fan assembly for my 1995 Dodge Caravan, and the Dorman heater hose fittings for my 2000 Chevrolet Silverado. The Caravan is gone, replaced with the truck.

speaking of Dorman window crank handles and inner door handles . . .

We’ve stocked some of those parts for our fleet’s vehicles

And in each case, they only last 2 - 3 years, before breaking

I can tell you from professional experience that factory window crank handles and inner door handles last longer than 2 - 3 years, even for fleet use

At which point it actually makes sense to spend more for the factory part . . . if that’s an option

I’ve always found Dorman parts to be as good or better than OEM parts.

https://www.jegs.com/v/Dorman-Products/326

Tester

Thank you for the info. . I didn’t know about the air bag recall. My friends Daugherty had her dash replaced that’s how I found out about it. She was with me when I discovered the defect, when my nail with threw dash. Well it just seems my luck doesn’t exist at all, I just spent $780 for a alternator. That was a weird experience its self. But its not working. Thanks a lot for your help’

I bought it from my mom & dad. No they were not original owners, They had the car for 10 yrs, replaced the tranny, several yrs ago, nothing else ever went wrong. I’m was thinking I’m getting a great car. V6 155k non smokers. I saw the reviews on the website but I knew the history, thought this was one of the well made ones. If its gonna break it will when I get it, be it a car, anything, yea for me. I know someone that works in the parts at a Toyota dealer I guess I need to call him. Was hoping I could avoid calling in a favor. Wish me luck. Lol im trying to laugh but I’m not. Thank You Jt

1 Like

Well . . . ?!

Did mom and dad send in the change of ownership paperwork, when they bought the car . . . ?!

I do that when I buy used cars . . . and Toyota has sent correspondence to my address, as regards recalls, warranty extensions and so forth

If you don’t do it, don’t expect Toyota to find you

By the way, are you certain that mom and dad never got correspondence, in regards to that warranty extension? Any chance they did receive it and threw it in the trash unopened, thinking it was junk mail?

4 Likes