2007 Suzuki Forenza jumps out of gear

I’ve mentioned here before how much I hate this car and now this. It’s done this a couple times now. I have the car in drive and it jumps out of gear and revs up. Let off the gas and it seems to be ok. I have done some research on it and it seems to be a widespread issue but I haven’t found a clear cause. The drivetrain is still under warranty but if it’s some type of sensor, it won’t be covered and it definitely could be something like that based on what I’ve read. Any clues on what type of sensor might cause this? The nearest dealership is 50 miles away and they won’t give me a loaner. I also don’t pay the $89 diagnostic charge if they determine it’s not in the transmission itself. No CEL either.

Incidentally, the first time it did this was while pulling out of a Dodge dealership after looking at new truck. It knows I hate it and knows I want to trade it in. lol

Have you checked the fluid level in the transmission? If it is a common problem with Suzukis there shouldn’t be much problem diagnosing it. Why wait for it to leave you stranded on your way to work?

"The drivetrain is still under warranty . . . "

What else do you need to know?

This is why warranties exist.

Take it to the dealer and let them fix it.

Make sure you check the transmission fluid level before you take it to the dealer.

Your car is not intelligent. It doesn’t hate you. It doesn’t know what you’re planning.

Once again, if it’s still under warranty, take it to the dealer and let them fix it.

Dodge truck? What, are you crazy? Gasoline is over $3.00 per gallon and climbing, and you want a truck?

Good luck.

Yes, I am aware my car is not intelligent. That was a joke. As far as the warranty goes, the bumper to bumper warranty expired at 36000 miles. The powertrain is covered until 100,000 but the guy already told me that if it’s a sensor or some kind of switch, it wouldn’t be covered. As far as transmission fluid level, it would much easier to check if there was a dipstick. There is no transmission dipstick. I was very surprised about that myself but the research I have done confirms that there isn’t one.

Yes, I do want a truck. We have a camper and I have an old beater truck that I pull it with and we were planning on trading my car in on a full-size V6 truck to pull it. I realize gas prices are going up, but the Forenza gets a whopping 26 mpg (I have calculated it many times) and a V-6 truck won’t be much less than that.