2007 Acura RDX - Turbo troubles

I have a 2007 Acura RDX Turbo. My turbo is shot. I was told a new one installed is $7000, used turbo installed $4000, and rebuilt installed $3500. Seems high to me considering blue book on the car $4000. My question is does this seem out of line?

Repairs have nothing to do with Blue Book value.
The question is do you want to keep the car?

No we do not want to keep the car. I have been told to dump it due to repairs costing more than the car is worth

If the car doesn’t even run - blown turbo - it is worth very little. Seems the obvious repair solution is a rebuilt turbo for $3500. The overall price seems a bit high, overall, but we don’t know where you live or who is doing the work. If this is a dealer, there is likely a less expensive shop that can do this job.

Looking on RockAuto, a rebuilt turbo costs $1200 after the core is returned so $3500 may not be out of line. And as @Purebred states, the cost of the repair has nothing to do with the value of the car.

Setting aside the turbo, is the vehicle “fully depreciated” after nearly 13 years of service anyway? Eventually, something kills all vehicles.