2006 VOlkswagen passat 2.0Turbo HELP!

My 2006 Passat has less tha 7,000 miles on it. Last week, I got a flat tire which couldn’t be repaired and had to buy a new tire. Had tires rotated, installed new tire on driver front. Onboard computer showed low tire pressure warnings but I couldn’t get a service appointment at local dealer(s) to reset that until today. Moot issue, however, because the next day, WHILE DRIVING, the power steering warning light and beep appeared. The car didn’t stall–I managed to pull into a parking lot and turned off the engine. Vehicle would then not start and every warning light on the dash appeared. Dealer has car and no idea what is wrong. This is day 2 in their service dept and the only thing they can come up with is getting a new starter so they can start the car. HELP!!!

Be glad it’s still under warranty. I hope they are giving you a loaner car.

Right now it is best not to try and second guess the dealer or make suggestions. It is their responsibility to fix it and to know how to fix it. If they fail to fix it, past a reasonable time, then it becomes a Lemon Law issue. Your responsibility here is to keep after the dealer and keep records of all this. You may want to check out your Lemon laws at http://www.jdpower.com/cc/auto/bbb/lemon_law.jsp

BTW, I would suggest putting that new tyre on the back. The back tyres are really the most important when it comes to safety and a small part of your problem could have been related to different size (outside diameter) tyres on the front.

If I had to guess, I would say the car's computer has mental problems.

It sounds like your battery has died. Perhaps maybe your alternator is kaput.