I have an 2006 tacoma, I have an engine light and connected my obd2, its giving me error code “p0741 PERFORMANCE, TORQUE CONVERTER CLUTCH Solenoid/stuck off”. Do I have to replace the solenoid or can a RE-flash fix this issue?
How would a re-flash un-stick a solenoid valve? Answer; It would not.
These are the LIST of P0741 possible causes
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty torque converter clutch solenoid valve
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve harness or connectors
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve circuit is open or shorted
- Transmission internal mechanical problem
Notice faulty valve is 3rd on the list of possible problems. Nowhere does it say “computer software glitch”
Start with checking fluid level and if you’ve never changed the fluid and filter… it is way past time to do that. Might cure the problem, might not.