2006 nissan sentra tranny filter

Our Sentra has 52k miles on it and we are thinking of changing the tranny fluid(do we have to with 52k??). My mechanic down the block said it does not have a filter. I thought I was told different, Is this true? And if it does have a filter should I just change the tranny fluid or everything? Thanks.

Most vehicles today have transmission filters, but they’re not sevicable unless the transmission is removed. So your mechanic is probably telling you the truth.

Tester

Yes, but I don’t think that is the case with my car. Can anyone confirm that? Thanks.

Oh and thanks Tester

You didn’t say which engine it has, though the trans could be the same either way. But either way, Autozone would be happy to sell you filter/pan gasket it. I think your mechanic down the block is thinking of someone else he knows.

Of course, that doesn’t tell you what it takes to replace it. Call an actual transmission shop.

Whenever the vehicle allows, have a transmission shop drop the pan & change the filter every 30K miles.

1.8 liter engine? http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1432237,parttype,8600 Maybe the mechanic didn’t want to drop the pan.

Ok went down to a tranny shop by my job. He said there is a gasket and filter that could be changed but he said it does not really nee to be done with 52k miles. He checked the fluid and said the color is fine. I know some on here suggested doding this @ 30k miles. Is this worth it to do now? Thanks.

Any input…sorry…thanks.

I am not a trans tech. However, my understanding of the standard trans tech line is that it is best to do it every 30K. This comes from people who spend all of their time rebuilding the things. I always ask not - “how do I avoid killing my transmission?” - instead I ask - “how long can I make my transmission last?”

Thanks.