2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - CEL and trans issues

My car will not up as shift, bought a special tool to check the tranny fluid. It was full, and no leaks on the garage floor. When I put it in reverse, it shifts really hard, and won’t up shift. I have to put in limp mode to drive it. A day before this happened, the check engine light came on. But it does that sometimes. But the driver side window auto roll-up stopped at the same time. Not sure if this is brain or maybe electoral issues. Thanks

Take the car to a good independent shop that specializes in Mercedes. Tell them what’s happening. It’s not a good idea to ignore the Check Engine Light, it’s trying to tell you there’s a problem. The fact that you have to drive in limp mode should be further proof if you need it.

1 Like

Welcome to Mercedes Benz… They are nice until you start having issues… usually electrical or electronic ones. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that your trans control module went out to lunch…but I would follow @davepsinbox_157004 advice and have a MB savvy mechanic look into it.

Or at the very least research the issue on the internet…I’m sure you are not the only one with the same problem as others are experiencing. MB failures tend to love company.