2006 Dodge Durango consistently stalling

Hello! First time poster. Our car mechanic can’t seem to fix an issue we are having. Basically the Durango starts up just fine but within the first 60 seconds of driving it usually (not always) begins to almost putter. You hit the gas and it just doesn’t want to go, it putters more. At times (not always) the check engine light will make a dinging noise. Blink 3 times then stay on. The car has also stalled on us and sometimes it just kind of gets better and keeps driving. We are now shutting off the car at stop lights and such and that seems to stop the puttering / stalling issue (almost like we are using the car on and off as a reset)

If it doesn’t putter within the first 60 seconds it won’t do it and it’ll drive fine. So it only does this puttering when it’s “cold” annd you first get in it. Our mechanic did a tune up. Dropped the transmission pan. Replaced the thermostat. Replaced the transmission lines. Replaced the water pump. And no luck. Car continues to routinely putter and stall

Any advice? I am not a car person. Lehman terms appreciated. It’s a 2006 adventurer. Hemi. 5.7 liter. Thank you!

And there are no codes stored ?

Tester

I know the mechanic has hooked it up like 3 times to the code reader and his response was those codes give me a general idea but I don’t recall what exactly said. I can for sure get the code readings if helpful

Maybe this…

Stalling issues fixed! Hemi 06 dodge 5.7 l - YouTube

Thank you for the video. A good place to start. I took it into auto zone. Would the crank shaft position sensor make sense based on the symptoms? I called my mechanic and he said it never had that read out for him. His initial thought was doesn’t make a ton of sense but he wasn’t opposed to it

Read out attached ( I think)

5.7 Hemi Bad Crankshaft Position Sensor Symptoms (Explained) (motoraudit.com)

but it could be a wiring problem too if it is getting intermittent current to the sensor.

Yes.

Tester

There are many possibilities for causing this symptom. Suggest to post the code numbers your shop read from your car’s diagnostic memory for best help here. My guess is some sort of problem w/the egr or evap system.