2006 Chrysler Sebring Horn

My girlfriend’s 2006 Chrysler Sebring is suffering from a horn that randomly honks. No action on the part of the driver is needed for the horn to blow, in fact it goes off by itself in the middle of the night sometimes, for minutes without end. Please help.

I had the same problem with my 1971 Maverick. It was caused by the horn switch on the steering wheel. It was an easy fifteen minute repair after I purchased the switch the Ford dealer. However, on your car, the repair is complicated by the air bag which probably has to be removed to get to the horn switch. I believe that this is a repair for a pro.
However, there is a less expensive way out if the problem is the horn switch. You can disconnect the wiring from the horn relay that goes up the inside of the steering column. A separate switch can be mounted on the side of the steering column and the wire run to the horn relay. What the switch does is complete the circuit to the ground or frame of the car. Now this solution obviously won’t look like the original equipment. If that bothers you, then you better go the first route. However, I did this method on an older pickup truck I once owned and it worked well. The owner/operator of the school bus I rode to school did the same thing. You can probably get the auxiliary horn button at an auto parts store.

Try cleaning the battery ground and power connectors. Also, make sure all the grounds are clean and tight. The Body Control Module controls the horn with input from the steering wheel horn switch. If the BCM is not getting power and or grounded properly it could trigger the horn.