2006 Chrysler 300 - is my alternator bad?

I had the same problem with my 2006 300 hemi. I was driving and panel lights start flashing as if I was loosing power. I got a boost it drove for about 2 miles then shut off. I repeated this 2 times. thought it was the battery so I took it to a local auto store had it tested it was bad. So I bought a brand new battery and made it home. tried to start it up it wouldn’t start. Could it be my alternator draining my battery…Please help advise needed

A failed alternator could be the problem and sounds likely from your description. That said, I’d suggest telling the exact same story to your mechanic and letting them determine the actual cause. I would not suggest you just change the alternator. Throwing parts at a problem without determining the cause is a sure way to spend lots of money for a car that will still be broken.

It’s probably your alternator isn’t charging the battery for some reason. Make sure the alternator pulley is spinning when the engine is running. Beyond that requires some voltage tests. If the alternator isn’t charging the battery there should be a warning light or warning message of some kind on the dashboard. Might look like a little battery.