2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Infotainment woes

2006 corvette convertible 26k original miles heads up dsiplay not working also cd player says no disc loaded when disc is in the unit

I think you have 2 separate problems.as for the HUD display,
I would first check to make sure the display dimmer is not turned all the way down. if that is ok then check the display fuse is not bad.
there could be a few other problems causing this like a bad bulb. or its common for the tabs holding the display to break causing it to move.
here is a video on a way you can fix that…

How To Replace The HUD In A C6 Corvette - YouTube

also, I read somewhere that where the spring is attached to the gear mechanism, the plastic can break. I think there is a video on YouTube of a guy fixing that problem by heating up something like an awl and making a new hole in the plastic to reattach the spring.

As far as the CD problem it could be a problem with the laser not reading the CD
you can try doing a factory reset on your radio. check your owner’s manual it may tell you how.

Perhaps cd lens is too close to the disc. Do you hear a sort of clicking sound before it says “no disc”? If so, that sound is likely caused by the player’s computer trying determine the proper distance to focus the laser to the disc. Focus distance is critical, must be spot-on for player to read the CD data correctly. The focus distance usually changes as the CD plays, to accommodate for a slightly warped CD. Most CD players use an electromagnet to dynamically move the laser ass’y relative to the disc, and each time that electromagnet is activated, it makes a click. My home CD player has this problem, and I (mostly) solved it by placing a thin spacer on the spindle, moves the disc up and away from the laser ass’y a little.

I presume you’ve tried another disc or cleaning the current one. A dirty or scratched disc (or dirty lens) can cause the same symptom. when cleaning, pay particular attention to the part closest to the hole. Look carefully at the disc, you’ll see a sort of circular strip, banded, encoding data about the CD. I believe that is where the initial focus distance is tested. If disc is ok, clean and not scratched, unless you want to try a homebrew solution, your best bet is to replace the CD player.