2006 Buick Rendezvous - Differential

How does a FWD vehicle like a 2006 Buick Rendezvous get a bad rear-end differential. Where is the rear-end differential on this vehicle?

Sorry for giving wrong info.

Sorry, no. The Buick is built on the same chassis as the Chevy Venture or Pontiac Aztek.

The Rendezvous is Front wheel drive or All wheel drive. If it is ALL wheel drive it will have a rear differential mounted right between the 2 rear wheels in the center of the vehicle. And, of course, that differential can fail.

3 Likes

BINGO! That explains it. Before today I wasn’t aware they came in AWD. Thanks for the info.

Are you saying you have an all wheel drive vehicle and did not know it ?

1 Like

No. I’m I read the article and thought they were FWD only and I looked up the specs on Edmunds.com and Edmunds says it was FWD with no mention of an AWD option. Therefore I thought, what the heck?

Must’ve not looked hard enough.

" Performance & mpg

The base engine is a 3.5-liter V6. Output figures of 201 horsepower and 216 pound-feet of torque (196 hp and 213 lb-ft on all-wheel-drive models). These figures are respectable, but still less than what rivals offer. An upgraded 3.6-liter V6 is optional. It produces a more competitive 242 hp and 232 lb-ft of torque. A four-speed automatic is the only transmission available. Front-wheel drive is standard, while an all-wheel-drive system is optional."