2005 V4 Toyota truck with tappet noise

Toyota truck V4 2005 - zero lash adjuster

sounds like tappet - dealer seems unwilling or unable to figure out the cause - by the time I get truck to dealer it’s warmed up enough the noise doesn’t exist. Any issues with this particular truck and/or suggestions from anyone? Thanks!

Noisy lifters are usually due to being worn out or sludged up. Both of those things can be intertwined.

Number of miles on the truck? How often, both as to miles and time, is the oil changed?
You might clarify the model and engine. Sure you don’t mean an inline 4?

Sue, Help Me Help You. I Don’t Know What Model From Toyota “truck” Is. (None Around Here) Does It Have A Model Name From Toyota ? Walk Around It And See If Anything’s Written On It.

CSA

Another thing to consider is a exhaust manifold leak…Could sound just like a tappet…And when it heats up…the metal expands closing the leak.

BTW…Toyota doesn’t make a V4…Only and inline 4.

Mike, I Was Going To Suggest An Exhaust Noise, But I Still Don’t Know Which Of The 17 Toyota Models Are “Trucks” And I Don’t Know Which Engine We’re Talking (No Toyotas Here).

Some 05 & 06 Tacomas (truck model ?) with a 1GR-FE engine (V-6, V-8 ?) make a ticking noise at 2000 - 2500 rpm while accelerating, especially after a cold soak.

The fix is new exhaust manifolds (R & L) and gaskets. Apparently the manifolds have been revised. It looks like these little beauties may have integral catalytic converters (?) and are possibly covered by a 96 month (8 years) / 80,000 mile Federal Emissions Warranty.

CSA

Anybody Know What Model This “Truck” Would Be ?
CSA

Apparently the manifolds have been revised. It looks like these little beauties may have integral catalytic converters

Don’t you love it when they do that??? Back in the 80’s Subaru use to do that…And when a guy brought in a car to have an exhaust manifold replaced they’d faint when they were told $500 just for the part.

The V4s are awesome