I have a 2005 Highlander that had repeated rear brake noise problem after the dealership serviced the brake in May this year. The sound was like dragging or grinding. After that, I brought my car back but the noise came up every time in 3-7 days. Here is the of the service record from the dealership:
- 5/31/2011: initial maintenance. Rotor resurfaced, pad replaced
- 6/17/2011: Adjustment and lubrication.
- 7/13/2011: Replaced the pad.
- 8/20/2011: Technician could not hear the noise during drive test. Ticket withdrawn.
- 8/26/2011: Tighten e-brake, lubrication.
Tech told me the left and right brakes were not balanced. I recorded the noise in the following Youtube video:
Turn volume up and notice the last two stops.
Any comment on the problem and recommendation what I should say to the dealership service? I plan to take the car back in a few days.