2005 Hyundai Elantra Wierd Electrical Issues

I just took ownership of a 2005 Hyundai Elantra with 109K… I don’t have much history on the car outside of a few oil changes, tires and such…

The car has been sitting quite a bit over the past 2 years, having only been driven 1800 miles… No idea if its been jumpstarted

With that said, heres my issue… My radio is dead with zero power, the door/key chime is non exisistant, the siren for the alarm system is not working either and the cruise control won’t engage, but it comes on…

Everything else works fine… All windows work, the keyless entry works, all dome lights work, lock work… The lights even blink and signal the alarm is going off.

I did find a chunk of the bottom of the center console cut open and I’m assuming something was removed with the door chime (??)

I travel a lot and need my radio and cruise asap…The car needs a few tidbits here and there maintance wise, but otherwise is an awesome car… This is my second elantra, the first was a 01 that I passed to my step dad several years ago and when he passed it on it had 360K+

Thanks in advance

Check the fuses for the door chime and cruise control. Use this diagram to locate them
http://fusesdiagram.com/hyundai/fuses-and-relay-hyundai-elantra-2000-2006.html

Sometimes car owners get annoyed by the various safety and alert chimes and buzzers etc, and try to just remove that part from the car in an attempt to end the frustration. They might want to be able to back the car out of the driveway w/out having to be annoyed by alarms that their seat belt isn’t on for example. However the parts that contain the buzzers, chimes etc often are involved in other functions, and need to be installed for the car to work correctly. That’ done in part to prevent owners from bypassing what the manufacturer consider to be important safety alarms. I’m guessing that’s what happened to your car. If so, the only way to fix it is to replace the part that was removed.

If I had that problem I start by figuring out why the radio doesn’t work. A radio is a simple device, just needs a couple of power (12 v) lines, and a ground. Feed your radio with a known good power supply. Does it turn on then?