2005 Honda Civic

So, I have a 2005 Honda Civic. It’s been great. My wife gets in it last night, turns the key, and the lights on the dashboard blink on and off rapidly, and a clicking sound comes from inside the engine compartment (I think, hard to tell, it may be from behind the radio or in the glove compartment).

It happens when I turn the car on (before actually turning to START). It pauses when I press on the brake.

Ideas?

Blinking lights sounds like some kind of security system activation. You dont mention if engine cranking or engine starting is affected. Owners manual or dealer contact may help resolve situation

When I try to crank, I get nothing. At all. The OM didn’t describe this behavior, and Google came up without much to go on. If I can’t figure it out, I’ll have to pay for a tow to the dealer, I guess.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I tried both keys to see if it was a security problem. And pressing the lock/unlock button makes the faintest of noises in the door, but the door locks don’t actually move. The horn panic button does nothing at all.

It might just be a dead battery. Try jump starting it before you call for a tow truck.

Or loose/dirty battery cable connections