2005 Honda Accord shuddering while cruising

I have a 2005 Honda Accord EX-L with a four cylinder engine, automatic transmission and approximately 164,000 miles. For a while now I have noticed a slight shutter or vibration coming from the engine/transmission when I am just cruising along and the rpms are between 1300 and 1800. If I accelerate or decelerate the vibration goes away. At first it was very intermittent but has become a little more noticeable. I have had the car to two local mechanic shops and the Honda dealer and all the technicians so far say they can’t reproduce the what I describe. Any suggestions on what I might tell the technician to look for when i take the car back in for service?

Just about anything can cause that.Take your car to an independant mechanic.

I would suspect a problem with the transmission’s torque converter lockup mechanism.
The OP should look for a well-reputed, independent trans shop so that they can confirm or rule-out this possibility.

And, it should be noted that “well-reputed” does NOT include Lee Myles, Cottman, Mr. Transmission, or–God forbid–AAMCO. Look for an indy trans shop that has been in business for at least 5 years.