2005 Ford Taurus - Will 6' 10" fit?

I’m old but not quite that old (unless you ask my daughter) I just don’t remember them as a kid.

For decades…Schwinn was the #1 bike sold in the US. I grew up riding a Schwinn. My brother had a Huffy.

1 Like

I got my first Schwinn bike as a youngster in 1962. Six years later I got a larger Schwinn bike that I still have 52 years later and counting. And, yep, it’s heavy, 40 lbs heavy!

I’ve lost track of how many sets of tires and brakes I wore out in past years. It’s been collecting dust a long time now along with a Giant brand 10-speed I never really got the hang of. I may break down and sell them someday if I don’t go back to using them.

Yes they were. We were only able to afford a Rollfast bike when my brother was a kid, and then I “inherited” it when he began driving.

Marnet , If you still want to ride look into a recumbent trike ( 3 wheels ) .

My first bicycle was a Western Flyer from Western Auto. It was a stripped down model and didn’t even have a chain guard. I got that bicycle in the spring of 1950. I had $18 saved up and the sale price was $27.95. My dad loaned me the $10 needed to buy the bike.

Thank you. I’ve been trying to think of the hardware store that was on the corner where the bank is now and just couldn’t remember. Western Auto. More like Gambles or Coast to Coast than an auto store. They always seemed to have the best selection of toys like Tonka trucks and such. Right across from Wards, then NAPA, then a flooring store. I suppose the bank made them an offer they couldn’t refuse and whoever owned it retired.

@bing Western Auto did have some common auto parts. I bought a fuel pump there for my 1954 Buick. Western Auto sold tires under the label Davis Deluxe. They sold radios and televisions under the brand name Truetone. Western Auto outboard boat motors were called Wizard.
My dad needed tires for his 1949 Dodge back in the spring of 1952. The tire size was 7.10x 15. The shop where he did business handled Goodyear, and due to the Korean war his shop couldn’t get the tires, but dad was able to get two tires from Western Auto. A month later, his shop did get two Goodyear 7.10 X 15 tires. The Davis Deluxe tires wore better than the Goodyear.

Friend of mine was a racer. Was on an official race team. His track bike weighed less then 20lbs. The frame was about 5lbs.