2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - First it limped, then it died

I was driving my van while in limp mode and it suddenly died. Now it turns over but wont start. I unhooked my fuse box under the hood and hooked it back up and it started and ran for about 5 minutes. Now it wont start.

Now you need a mechanic. There is nothing I can tell you that will magically revive this van. Good Luck.

5 Likes

the van was warning you that there was an issue. Now the issue has gotten more dire. I agree with Mustangman

5 Likes

Crank but no start is either lack of spark or lack of fuel. A simple test to half split the diagnosis is to spray starting fluid into the air intake ( about a 2 second dose)l then try to start. If it starts then dies it is a fuel problem. Then proceed to check fuel pump output etc. If it doesn’t fire up then investigate the lack of spark.
Good luck with your Dodge van…

1 Like

It was trying to tell you to drive directly to a mechanic. Once it gets to the stage of limp mode, nobody can predict how much longer it will run in that diminished condition.

At this point, the only option is to have it towed to a competent mechanic’s shop.

1 Like

Limp mode usually means a transmision problem. It stays in one gear. Engine turns over but does not start - that is not likely related, except by coincidence. Good luck and please keep us informed.

I have found the minivan forum at allpar.com very helpful when I needed help for my Chrysler minivans.

1 Like