2005 BMW X5 coolant transfer pipe repair

Who can repair BMW X5 coolant transfer Pipe leaking problem?

Come on Jack , just call a few shops near you where ever that is . This is not a big deal .

Thank you for your kind suggestion. I did call some shops and they all ask me to drive their shops for inspection, despite I already paid for a diagnosis. I am looking for people knows how to do it and I am willing to pay for the job, would you recommend someone you know? I am in East bay (Fremont, Newark area). Thank you!

-Jack

How are they supposed to know if they can fix it without seeing it?

2 Likes

Couldn’t they shop that diagnosed it, repair it?

And just what is the chance of anyone from Fremont , Virginia ??? even seeing this post by Jack ?
Really low I would guess .

I think you made your point with the first response you made.

@JackZ you might want to try Mechanics Files on cartalk.com. Our users are pretty scattered. You can also try yelp and google and asking around your personal network.

3 Likes

I think the mechanic’s File’s are pretty much out of date in my area there are 3 listed the newest date was 20 year’s ago 2 are no longer around the 3rd is a tire shop I remember some of the regular’s on here saying the same thing.

Yeah, I am hearing that. There is a project underway to try to get them updated. As they say, your mileage may vary, depending on where you are.

2 Likes