2004 Murano - long commute/high miles - Should I sell?

I bought my 2004 Nissan Murano SL last year (used). I commute a long distance and have put 30K on it in just under a year. I now have almost 100K miles on it (nearly all highway miles both from me and the previous owner) – and will be paying on it for the next four years. Are the highway miles going to kill my car before I pay it off? Should I sell now?

Highway miles are very easy on a car. We have had posts from drivers with nearly half a million miles on their cars and still going great!. Since most of the depreciation has been absorbed, your cost per miles will get much lower, until major items need replacement, and that’s a long way off.

If the car is in good shape and well maintained, just keep driving it and start a small savings program for your next car 4 years from now. By that time you will only have 220,000 miles on it, and it will still have a lot of life left in it!

Good luck!

There’s no easier life for a vehicle than highway miles. I’d keep it and continue to rack them up. You should have several more years before you have to worry about anything at all.