2004 dodge stalling

My inlaws own a 2004 dodge ram 4.7l with 31k miles. At about 28k the truck began surging, stalling, misfiring, and backfiring. the check engine light came on, the dealer repalced Map sensor, turned off the light. that lasted one day, and long story short 12 trips to the dealer 7 map sensors and a new intake manifold later it is still doing the same thing. they said it was my father in-laws fault because he changes his own oil and may have spilled some down the front of the engine, and shorted everything out, (i tend to disagree). any good ideas?

That CEL (check engine light) is just a kid in class waving her hand trying to get you attention because she has the answer. You need to have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code not just their translation into English and post it back here. It likely will have a format like P1234.

the dealer has the truck now, they read the code, i don’t know the exact code but they keep replacing the map sensor. this is all warranty work, but real aggravating, and time consuming.

ok i found some paper work with the codes…p0108, p0274, p0300

code translations
p0108 MAP circuit Fault
P0274 Cylinder 5 injector circuit to high
P0300 Random cylinder misfire
It could very well be a bad wire connection or ECM hard to say.

they are thinking of getting rid of the truck but don’t want to stick anybody with it. the dodge dealer is no help, telling them they ruined the truck…i think they bought their first and last dodge. the truck is dangerous in traffic.