2004 Dodge Neon

I have a 2004 Dodge Neon and the check engine light keeps coming on. I have brought it to the dealership 6 times and they have no idea what to do any more. They have already replaced: front and rear O2 sensors, manifold, pipes, catalytic converter, map sensor, spark plugs, wires, checked the valves and reinstalled the computer program. Yesterday morning the check engine light came back on. The codes are now reading that I am driving at a significantly higher altitude than the city I live in is at. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix my car? There are 59,000 miles on it.

The barometric pressure sensor is like an altimeter. It tells the computer what the barometric pressure is which will correspond to altitude. The baro sensor, and its wiring, should be checked with an electrical multimeter. The values are in the charts which they should should be using.

Just a couple of observations.

1. It is always best to state the actual code from the computer (like P01234) rather than an English translation.

2. Unless the car is under warranty, dealers usually are poor choices for service. They are not better than independent mechanics and are almost always more expensivie.

Thank you. I will ask if they have checked the barometric pressure sensor.

The reason I posted this in ?English? is that I am a female and the mechanics that the dealership will not tell me the code even when I ask for it. Trust me I tried to get them to tell me and they did everything to avoid giving me the code. It is also under warranty which is why I have not gone to a different mechanic. Believe me, if I had a choice I would have brought it to someone else.