2004 Chevy Impala - Delayed Acceleration from Stop

I live in Phoenix, AZ and I have a 2004 Chevy Impala (90K miles) and I have noticed recently that in the mornings when I drive my daughter to school, I wait at a stop light close to my home and when it turns green, I accelerate and there’s no immediate response. After a couple seconds of nothing, it kicks into gear and begins accelerating. I recently had a new fuel regulator installed last fall so I am not sure if that has anything to do with it. The mornings and evenings aren’t freezing so the weather shouldn’t have an affect on its performance. Any help/suggestions?

If you mean that when you step on the accelerator, the engine revs but the vehicle doesn’t move, and then it goes into gear and the vehicle starts moving, that’s a slipping transmission. Check the level and condition of the transmission fluid according to the owners manual.

Tester

If, on the other hand, you step on the accelerator and the engine rpm does not increase it’s a throttle problem. In this case I’d have the TPS (throttle position sensor) tested as a first step.