2004 Buick Century brake squeal

I have a 2004 Buick Century that I replaced the brakes and rotors myself about a year ago. About 4 months ago I noticed a squeal coming from one of the front wheels when I brake. I believe the drivers side. If I brake harder I do not hear the squeal. I took the wheel off a couple of weeks ago to look for something scrapping but couldn’t find anything. What could cause this to start happening on fairly new brakes and rotors. I probably have about 3000 miles on them. Thank You.

When you had the front tires off . . . did you look at the lining thickness for all 4 front brake pads?

1 Like

Yes I did. They have almost the thickness of brand new pads. The little wear indicators are not touching the rotors when the brakes are engaged. I did not take the pads off to see how they may look though.

Thank You,

Mike

One of your caliper is probably starting to seize or stick. Remove caliper and grease slider pins. If caliper piston does not go in easily with a c-clamp when installing your pads , you need to rebuilt or replace the caliper.

After the new brake pads/rotors were installed, was the proper bedding procedure performed?

https://brakeperformance.com/bedding-in-rotors.php

Tester