2003 Volkswagen Eurovan - good deal?

Worthwhile to buy? Body is very good.
200,000 miles. Interior very good.
200 HP. 20 mpg on highway. If I buy it I will use it, probably do a lot of traveling. as Dealer wants $5K. Thanks.

I wouldn’t take a 17 year old VW of any model if it was given to me for free. VW’s are notorious for requiring lots of expensive maintenance and repairs once they’re out of warranty.

5 Likes

Yes , you will do a lot of traveling. To repair shops and vehicle rental places while someone tries to find parts for this thing.

5 Likes

No such thing as a “good deal” on a VW van.

1 Like

03 w/190k near me with 1000 new exhaust for sale for 3k. Take your 5k and buy the newest anything else van.

$5,000 for a 16 year old vehicle with more than 200,000 miles (and a vehicle which isn’t particularly rare or unique)…run. run away very quickly.

1 Like

rare or unique? OP is looking for van. i know there are many newer lower miles van for sale for 5k. yes, i would take a free vw. scrap value is probably 250?

I would stay away from that one. A guy down the street owns one and confirms that it’s a maintenance & repair nightmare. Other friends who owned one in Europe while posted there confirm likewise!

1 Like

According to cars.com, there are 18 Honda and Toyota minivans within 100 miles of me with less than 150k and less than $6,000. I’d look into them long before that VW.

I’m aware of that…I added them as reasons to run the he :ice_hockey::ice_hockey: away from this one :wink: