2003 Toyota Tundra hesitation problem

I have a 2003 Toyota Tundra V6. The problem I have with it is it hesitates. It does not happen ALL the time but it is very frequent. Sometimes it happens when I try to accelerate from a dead stop and other times while I am driving along (does not matter what speed). It will usually hesitate for a few seconds then everything is normal. The check engine light thas not come on. I took it into Toyota. They duplicated the problem on the first test drive but did not have their equipment hooked up at the time. They kept the truck for over a week and finally got it to happen again. I guess they must have only been going on short test drives because it happens to me multiple times a day. They told me it was the throttle body and it needed to be replaced. My jaw hit the floor when they told me how much they charge to replace it. I ran this by a couple of friends who work on cars on the side and they said it sounded like the mass air flow sensor needed to be replaced. Since this was much cheaper than a throttle body, I replaced that. However, it did not solve the problem. I need help!! I do not work on cars often but I want any advice you can give.

One possibility is a flaky throttle position sensor (TPS), which is part of the throttle body assembly. I’d try replacing that first since it’s much cheaper than an entire throttle body.

Throttle body is the fix, it’s not the labor the throttle body is expensive. Where have you had it serviced? If toyota has done most of the service work, you may be able to get some factory assitance.