2003 Jeep Wrangler - Stalling

vehicle started running terrific, then shut off then not being able to start vehicle without giving it lots of gas, unable to stay at idle unless throttle was pressed, backfiring at manifold, leet off gas` vehicle won’t start no components work

What engine, how many miles, maintenance history, is the check engine light on? What does ‘no components work’ mean? How old are the plugs/wires? Answer these questions and you will get useful replies.

Sounds like it is running very rich, and/or is misfiring. Any diagnostic codes?

I just replaced plugs in May and last week, I replaced coil rail in May it’s not throwing any codes— just replaced alternator in June— I’m wondering if it’s the starter going out? Or is it the fuel pump? Not typical signs of them going out though

Has 176000 miles 4L engine- regular routine maintenance on vehicle oil changes every 3500 miles with synthetic oil

If you are hearing that rrr rrr rrr sound w/the key in start, the engine is cranking and the starter isn’t the problem. If you hear the rrr rrr rrr sound but the engine doesn’t catch and run, that could be a balky fuel pump, among other possibilities. A shop would start by doing some tests to determine if the problem was no-spark or no-fuel.