My '03 Liberty has 153,000 on it. I recently brought it into the dealer to have the oil changed because they do it for a decent price.
Upon inspecting the vehicle, the tech found several problems (not surprising on an older car)
(1) He said that my front drive shaft boot was torn. He said that the only way to fix it was to replace the whole front drive shaft assembly. $739.00
(2) He said that there were leaks in my power steering fluid lines. $856.00
(3) He said my right rear axle seal was leaking diff fluid. $223 for that.
(4) He said the bushings in my rear upper control arm were worn out and breaking into pieces. He suggested replacing the whole assembly for $830.00
(5) He also advised a power steering flush for $150, and a diff. fluid change for $420. I did my front and rear diffs about 20,000 miles ago.
So, I realize your input is limited given that you can’t see my car yourselves, but I’d like your opinions on his recoomendations and prices. To me they all seem very high. Also, do I really need to have the entire drive shaft assembly (see number 1) replaced? That seems nuts!
Thanks for your opinions.