2003 Honda CR-V - Squeak normal?

My 2003 CRV has a loud squeak in both the front driver and passenger suspension. It is most noticeable in cold/wet weather going over bumps and more prominent on the driver side. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

This could simply be the result of dry bushings in the suspension, which is annoying but not dangerous.
Or, it could be an indication of ball joints that are failing–which is a significant safety hazard.
I suggest that you get the car to a competent mechanic’s shop for an evaluation.
Please note that “competent” does not include chain-run operations like Midas, Meineke, Monro, Sears, Pep Boys, or–God forbid–AAMCO.

1 Like

Hello VDCdriver I appreciate you taking the time to evaluate my issue. I guess I’ll take it to a shop in the coming weeks/months. It actually passed PA state inspection with the squeak back in August and I’ve put about 3000 miles on it since then so it’s probably not the ball joints but this was very helpful much appreciated! It was formerly an Arizona car so I wouldn’t be surprised if the bushings were dry!