2003 Honda Civic Warranty

MY 2003 Honda Civic has a little over 58000 miles, and on Friday, the radiator developed a hole, and will not hold coolant.The only answer i have gotten is that there is only a 3 year/ 36000 mile warranty on it, but isn’t there a drive train or power train warranty for things like this?

I think your out of luck as far as warranty. I would have the radiator replaced at a local radiator shop, it will be a fraction of the cost of what a dealer will charge for a OEM one.

Now to a more important question, did the car overheat, and if so how long was it driven,. You mention about a power train warranty. Is the engine shot?

My mechanic said that it was a material defect. However, the dealership says they can’t cover it and ill have to talk to the Honda representative.

FYI, its better to Bump a post then to make multiple discussions on the same thing

how do you bump one?

you just did it

You just reply to your own post to move it back to the top :slight_smile:

oh, thanks

I can’t see the radiator being covered by a powertrain warranty. That said, if the mechanic you took it to said it was a material defect, then you could take a letter signed by the mechanic to the dealership and see if they might cover it under a goodwill warranty. Worst they can say is no.