2002 Sebring Camshaft Position Sensor and Hard Starting

Anybody,
Check engine light came on and off for a couple of months. At first engine would lug at about 35 mph then light would come on, then off, usually by next start. Car stalled once when sitting at light, then light came on. Scanner said it was the Camshaft Position Sensor. Replaced it and now I need to give it gas first thing in the morning and in the evening after it’s been sitting a work all day. Any ideas why it’s doing this?
Thanks!

Had 11 views and no responses. Thought I’d comment to get it to the top and hopefully someone will review and post an answer…

Which Engine Is In This O2 Chrysler Sebring ? I’m Trying To Help Look For Information.

That has been the only code you’ve retieved, a camshaft position sensor code ? Do you remember the actual code ?

So, it helped to replace the sensor ?
It doesn’t lug at 35MPH or stall after it’s warmed up ?
It’s basically just down to having to open the throttle a bit when the engine is cold, now ?
After it’s warm, everything is alright ?
No more “Check Engine” ?

CSA

@URDman, perhaps you need to relearn a component with a scanner.

Clean the throttle body. That’ll cost you next to nothing.

Hook up a scanner and post any codes (stored or current) that you have right now.

Check your fuel pressure.

How many miles?

What engine?

That has been the only code you’ve retieved, a camshaft position sensor code ? Do you remember the actual code ? Don’t remember code.

So, it helped to replace the sensor? Yes
It doesn’t lug at 35MPH or stall after it’s warmed up ? It doesn’t lug or stall anymore
It’s basically just down to having to open the throttle a bit when the engine is cold, now ?I don’t know about a bit. I really have to pump the gas for it to catch. If I turn it off and try to start it, say 15 mintues later, it will start fine. But after leaving all day at work it will be hard to start again.
After it’s warm, everything is alright ? Runs fine the rest of the time. No lugging. No dying at lights.
No more “Check Engine” ? Check engine light off.

Had 51 views but no one commented on my update. Sorry I don’t get back to it more often, but I really don’t know what to do.

@URDman

have you followed any of my advice?
Have you cleaned the throttle body?
Have you checked the fuel pressure?