2002 Nissan Maxima

My Maxima has 195,000 miles and is now vibrating in the engine upon accelerating. What could this be?

its misfiring

im thinking start with a compression test. Then go to spark…fuel…ect ect. The pros with be here shortly…Help yourself to some complimentary coffee and donuts

First time on this site…thanks for info…

Tell us the maintenance history as far as plugs filters and spark plug wires. Oil changes too!

Is the check engine light on?

As waterboy asked, report everything you can about the state of maintenance.

A misfire is possible but would probably come with a check engine light.

The other possibilities that first come to mind are bad motor mounts or bad inner CV joints.

Oil changes maintained every 3,000 to 4,000 miles… don’t remember having new spark plug wires put on… check engine light not on… also lately there is a hot “plastic” smell to the engine area within the first few miles of running… will have to check maintenance records on the plugs filters

I change the air filter regularly… I can’t find a record of when the plugs were changed but I do remember having them changed… probably about one or two years ago (approximately 20,000 to 30,000 miles ago)…

I had the oil changed and one of the O-rings needs replacing… would this cause the vibration upon acceleration anyone?

I have no idea what o-ring you’re talking about, but no.

It is likely to be bad motor mounts or CV joints.