2002 Lexus ES300 VSC and TRAC Off lights on

^
You better be careful, PvtPublic, as the OP doesn’t like being confronted with reality!

When I stated, “This is one of those cases where the OP isn’t aware of what he doesn’t know”, he flagged my comment as being abusive, so he just may consider the reality provided by you to be another case of “abuse”.

That’s alright I can usually handle reality, and a little flag will not hurt my feelings, ruin my day, mess up my sleep, or really have any effect on me what so ever. So flag away Jeff if you feel so inclined. :wink:

Easy there, Jeff. I don’t think anybody was being abusive. But I think you’ll catch more flies with honey than with Abuse flags.

“I don’t think anybody was being abusive”

Well, Carolyn, in view of your supportive statement, can you remove his extremely inappropriate “abuse” flag from my earlier post?

Edited to add:
It looks like you already did so!
Either than, or Jeff saw the error of his ways, and did the right thing by removing it himself.

LOL, it was probably a bit over the top, but I hope it got the point across. :smiley: I liked it.

Jeff, in your heading you accent VSC and TRAC lights, then you talk about emissions possibilities. With the actual codes we can get a far, far better idea what you’re actually trying to correct. VSC and TRAC lights have nothing to do with emissions systems.

We want to help, but you have to work with us. We can’t be there to look at the car hands-on. You’ll need to do the hands-on part for us and answer the questions we have. These questions are part of every diagnosis, but they usually get asked only as thoughts and not in writing. And the answers can only be done hands-on. We need your help as much as you need ours. Let’s work together and try to get the problem solved.

Once again, my experience with my 2005 is300 was that happened when the battery was dying. Sounds crazy, but it’s true.

Search for a Lexus forum for specifics.

wentwest: +1,000. Dying battery does not sound crazy to me. I had something similar happen with my 2010 Kia. Out of the blue ABS, Traction Stability OFF, and Brake lights stayed on after starting. No CEL. I checked brake fluid level, tested the brakes on my Cul de Sac and drove a few blocks to the grocery store at city speeds. When I was ready to return home the lights turned off. I posted here and consensus was to have codes checked. I was due for a service in 3 weeks and had codes checked. There were none. They said they had one customer with the same thing happen and it was a dying battery. They load tested battery and it barely had 60% of required Cold Cranking AMPS. I had battery replaced.

@VDCdriver, I removed the flag when I posted.

Jeff, are you still there???

A faulty wheel speed sensor could cause that problem. You could try replacing all of them I suppose and see if it turns off those annoying dash lights. Not the most economical solution compared to a proper diagnosis, but it might work.

I think Jeff has left the building. :smile:

Wow. Hope you did a cut and paste on that and didn’t spend all night typing. Yeah I got an abuse flag too for offering a refund once.

Really 95% of the people are really nice but then you run into a few cranky types.

Might I relate a story of a nice guy recently? We were headed MN to NY on the Ohio turnpike and soon after the Ohio line, the road was closed and everyone was ushered off the tollway. No detour signs nothing and everyone seemed to pick their own route. We had nav but still ended up following a truck on a cow path. After an hour or so of wandering around, finally made it to the next entrance ramp which was closed and cars and trucks lined up for miles and not moving much. Needing a mens room at that point I decided to just break away and find something south. Got to a small town and stopped at a station to unfill and refill and asked a guy where the heck we were and what was going on. He said oh yeah, bad accident closed the road all the way to Toledo. He took me out to his truck, showed me where the problem was on his phone, and proceeded to show me the best way to go south and hook back on the far side of Toledo.
Really went out of his way in the heat and wouldn’t have had to. Lost 50 miles and three hours in the deal but hundreds of travelers lost more than that.

Wow!
Bing, it sounds like the Ohio Turnpike is just as badly-run nowadays as it was years ago.
I can recall driving to Michigan, and–of course–I had to drive across Ohio.
According to the radio, a snow storm was predicted, and–sure enough–it started snowing heavily ~9:00AM, just as I was leaving a rest stop on the Ohio Turnpike.

To make a long story a bit shorter, I saw not even one snowplow during my extremely slow 6 hour slog across Ohio. The 18 wheelers crept along in a solid line, and by staying in their wake, it was possible to keep going, even though it was rough going. I have to say that my Chevy Citation (manual transmission, and with snow tires) was a champ in that deep, unplowed snow.

Naively, I assumed that when I got to my exit, there would be no toll, since no services had been provided, but–of course–the State of Ohio managed to keep their toll collectors on duty, even though they did not see fit to put any snowplows on the road that day.

Just as an FYI- in my TB, if the TPMS is showing a low tire/fault, the traction control is turned off as well.