2002 hyundai santa fe 6 cilynder

I HAVE A 2002 HYUNDAI SANTA FE THAT WILL HESITATE OR SHUT OFF WHEN GETTING TO A STOP SIGN OR TRAFFIC LIGHT ONLY WHEN A/C IS WORKING…WHAT WILL BE THE CAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM AND HOW CAN I FIX IT?

Since we’re apparently going to make this a SHOUTING! post:

YOUR CAR ISN’T RUNNING WELL FOR SOME REASON!! DO SOME BASIC MAINTENANCE!! GET SOME NEW SPARK PLUGS & WIRES INTO IT. CHANGE YOUR FUEL AND AIR FILTERS!! CHECK THE FUEL PRESSURE. CLEAN THE IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE, THROTTLE BODY, AND MAF SENSOR!!

IS YOUR CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON!?

no check engine light is not on,and like i said it only happens when air conditioning is working…i will foloww your advise and perform a good tune up and clean everything else…thank you for you response//i will keep you posted

The thing about the AC is that it puts a fairly substantial load on the engine in having to run the compressor. If everything isn’t quite right with how it is running that load can be too much for the marginal conditions.

There are other possibilities, but basic maintenance items are always the best thing to do first. They cost the least and should be done even if it doesn’t “fix” a problem.

So do that stuff and then ask again if this is still happening (including a detailed report on what was done w/ the tune up)