2002 Honda Odyssey with new tranny failing already?

My 145,000 mile tranny failed this summer on my well maintained 2002 Honda Odyssey van. Honda did comp me a new one (nice!). Now this one (2000 miles later) is doing the old tricks again. I press down on the gas and the engine revs of to 2 or 3 but it does not seem to increase in speed. Then maybe it moves a few miles faster. It does not “kick the back of my seat” like it did before. Largely it’s just the feeling every time I give it gas and expect to move faster - it revs up and stays the same speed then accelerates really slow. Any thoughts??? Any one???

Any warranty on the new transmission? If so, bring it back! But check the fluid level first, following the instructions in your owner’s manual.

Usually any Honda dealer repair warranty or not carries a 1yr/12,000 miles parts/labor warranty. The tranny may even have a 3yr/36,000 warranty if a rebuild put in.

Take it to the dealer and yes make sure fluid is proper level. Note if low on fluid don’t add if only 2000 miles have passed as this may be a problem in itself with the replaced unit.