2002 Honda CRV A/C Problems

I replaced the compressor and evaporator 1 year ago myself and A/C has run great until the other day. I had to really get on the gas hard to get out into traffic and suddenly the A/C started going in and out.
There was also intermitent hissing coming from the compressor like it was ejecting freon. I let the car rest a feew hours and it was working fine again. Then it happened again after a few minutes of driving.
3 things that I have observed are

• with car parked and on, If I rev the rpms to 3000 the compressor will start to hiss and spit
  • viewing the a/c cluth while the A/C is running it never seems to stop spinning - doesn’t seem to cycle on and off
  • used my gauges to test a/c system pressure and it was in the normal range.

Any ideas or input is greatly appreciated,
Chad

The compressor shouldn’t cycle on and off.

The vehicle doesn’t have a CCOT (cycling clutch orifice tube) AC system. It has an expansion valve AC system.

When you checked the high/low pressures, at what RPM did have the engine running at?

Tester

at idle , just under 1000 rpms, it tested normal
however if you hit the gas the readings start going up and down, fluctuating greatly.

also just observed the clutch while it was making the noise and it was what was making the hissing sound that I thought was freon leaking out due to high pressure. the sound is the clutch struggling to spin. Seems like the compressor migh t be
having to get replaced again.

You don’t check the high/low pressures at idle.

Tester

also just observed the clutch while it was making the noise and it was what was making the hissing sound that I thought was freon leaking out due to high pressure. the sound is the clutch struggling to spin. Seems like the compressor migh t be
having to get replaced again.

when do you test

Is the radiator/condenser fan operating properly?

yes I did check that, runs properly