2002 dodge durango 4wd service light

My 2002 durango engine light came on at 60000 miles. I disconected the battery and it went out. However my service 4wd light came on and my 4wd will not work. I took it to a dealer and they said it was my Central Timer Module and would cost $550.00. Any ideas on this?

Pardon my language, but what in hell is a Central Timer Module?

This sounds like something a service writer would say when he hasn’t got a CLUE!

I suggest you have the codes read. Even with the light out, you may be able to read the codes that may have been set. Those lights are generally like the kid in class that knows the answer to the question franticly waving their hand. All you need do is to ask them.

You need to have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code (like P0123) not just their translation into English and post it back here.

The cumputer control board for the 4wd system is what the dealer said, but also it could be the ctm. I think that is the push button4wd module. I had the code read at autozone and they said nothing was there, however they also said they could only read engine codes not the 4wd system codes. I asked a garage if they could check it out and they told me that it would cost 210.00 just to check it out on thier system. My next car will be early 70’s ha, something I can work on. Thanks for the reply