2002 Chevrolet Cavalier - Rod knock?

So I have a 2002 Chev caviller my starter went out so I replaced it my son was going to drive it home he went about 30 miles the car just died on side the road an wouldn’t start back up so the next morning I went down jumped it off it started right up I felt the car was running like a peice of junk I pulled over my friend drove it 20 feet an said u have a rod knocking he said u take it easy an we will see if it will make it home which was 2 hours away but it made it home find but was loud even cranked back up the next morning I had replaced the spark plug wires an I had attempted to take out a spark plug but I didn’t know what I was doing so I didn’t get it out although I may have gotten it out father than I had thought or I may have even damaged the plug an who knows I may not have gotten the wires back on correctly question is would this make my car sound like a rod knocking

At first I thought we had a contender for the longest sentence posted here . Then I noticed there is not a period so I guess it does not count.

You knew there was a rod knock and still drove it for 2 hours?
To be honest it sounds like it needs way more work than can ever be justified. Repairs will well exceed even the most optimistic estimates on worth. Good thing the Cavalier always was a disposable vehicle.

2 Likes