2002 Buick Rendezvous

Help! I have a 2002 Buick Rendezvous and after driving the vehicle and turning it off for a short period of time it will not start. It will continue to “crank” or “turn over” but cannot get it to start unless I wait for around 20-30 minutes at which time it will start like it never had a problem. Also now when I am driving and I hit the brakes to come to a stop the Anti-Lock Brake Light comes on and the AWD Disable Light comes on? I just had the brakes done and thought it could possibly be a problem with the way they were done and took it back to have the brakes checked out again but found nothing wrong… Any suggestions or similiar cases???

The next time it won’t start hold the gas pedal to the floor while you turn the key. If that helps start it then someone needs to check for a leaking fuel pressure regulator or injector.

Just take the brakes back to the place that did the brakes.

The hot no start problem might be caused from a heat sensitive crankshaft position sensor. A common problem on GM vehicles of this age.

I don’t believe it’s a leaking injector problem. If it were the engine would still start but the cylinder with the leaking injector would misfire until the excess fuel burned off. And with a leaking fuel pressure regulator there would be a strong odor of gas emitting from the engine compartment. Plus with a leaking fuel pressure regulator, you would also have a cold start problem with the engine.

For the ABS/VSC problem, have the front wheel speed sensors inspected for rust. Rust can cause the wheel speed sensors to become misaligned with the wheel speed sensor tone rings causing the ABS to engage when applying the brakes.

Tester

This vehicle should have the abs speed sensors incorporated into the wheel bearing assemblies. Only solution would be to find the bad sensor & replace the bearing assembly.