2002 Buick Rendezvous will not start sometimes

The car runs good 98% of the time & others it will crank but not start. It sounds as if it isn’t getting any fuel. This issue generally occurs after driving for a short time (usually less than 1 hour and on warm days (mostly hot days 80F +).Once the car sits for 25-60 minutes, it will start. There are no codes when this occurs and the dealer cannot seem to find a problem without a code. We have had the BCM, PCM, spark plugs, wires, manifold gasket, water pump,and fuel pump relay replaced. The wiring to the fuel pump has been cleaned as well. Any help is appreciated.

I’m having the same problem, I have a 2002 Buick Rendezvous CXL, 3.4L V6 with 150K miles and on it. About 3 months ago I began to have an intermittent no-start where the engine turns over but will not start. I had it checked out and the only code that came up was for the oil pressure sensor. The mechanic told me that that would not cause the problem but we replaced it as well as the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, sparkplugs and wires. But the problem is still there, it will start for a couple times and then will not start, sometimes it take several days, maybe 6 tries before it will restart. Also, when it does start, it runs very smooth, no smoke or anything out of the ordinary. We are able to restart the car as many as 20 times in the garage, but as soon as we drive it one or two long or short drives, it will not restart. There are no fault codes now but still have the intermittent no-start. We are at a complete loss as to what the problem is or what to do next. I would be grateful for any advice to help get this sorted out. Thanks, Joel

2006 Buick Rendezvous, 3.5 motor 2 wheel drive. Same problem, randomly will not start. One thing I have done to get it started is to remove Fuel Pump Relay out of electrical box in engine compartment. It has started every time after I had pulled it and put it back in. Maybe a dirty connection in that plug? I am going to try and clean the connectors where the relay plugs in. The original relay was kinda dingy on the little plug connectors. Anybody done anything like this?

Wow, resurrecting a 5 year old thread? I doubt any of the original posters are still listening.

I’ve had a similar situation happen on other engines. It could be a slight flooded condition. When this happens again, press and hold the accelerator to the floor and try to start it. This signals the ECM to turn off the injectors to clear a flood. I’ll bet it works.

Suggest to start another thread w/your topic @tracypen , you’ll get more replies that way. There’s quite a few things that can make a car not start. A defective fuel pump relay or corroded connection is one of them, but certainly not the only one. There’s a basic diagnostic process to figure out what’s causing it, so post back with your own thread and the experts here will walk you through it. Click on “maintenance/repairs” above, then “new topic” at the upper right.