2001 Pontiac Bonneville

I have had my Bonneville cut out a few times while I am driving…like its going to die, but it comes right back. Just give a little jerk…and I have had it do it once while it as idling. That was several weeks ago and hasn’t done it since. Any suggestions. Was thinking tune up…i.e., plug fouling out…or the fuel injectors…???

You did not mention vehicle mileage, how long since, or what type of maintenance has been done, Check Engine Light on, etc.
The possibilities are numerous (very) but the first thing I would recommend is having the codes pulled and see if there is anything there.
AutoZone, Advance, Checkers, etc. will do this for you free.
Post any results back here for further discussion.

In the event the fuel pump is trying to hiccup and die you will not get a code for this problem.
How long since the fuel filter has been changed? (Not that the filter IS the problem; only that a clogged filter may be CAUSING a problem - as in killing the pump.)

I just got through a similar problem of engine threatening to die and then running normally. There were 10 codes stored, some for past repairs, but the problem was a bad igniton switch. If the idiot lights go on when the ignition switch is turned to the accesory position for example then this could point to this.

Ok, took the car to AutoZone this morning, but they told me that unless the check engine light was on there was nothing they could do. He did however, say that it sounded to him like I had gotten hold of some bad gas, and that it had been happening quite frequently. He suggested that I put a bottle of Lucas Injector Cleaner in the gas tank. It has been a couple of weeks since the last incident so maybe the gas thing is correct. Upon my request, he did also give me the name of a good, honest mechanic who works out of his own garage. So maybe if the problem does resurface, I will give him a call. THe car has recently turned over 100,000 mi so a tune up might help.