2001 Oldsmobubble

I have a somewhat lousy Aurora with a fine running engine but with all the usual faults with idiot sensors, etc. It also has non-working AC. Is there somewhere to download a repair manual so I can attempt repairs rather than use the over-priced dealers? Free is the preferred cost since I am now on a fixed income. Thanks for any info you can provide.

You can try a google search, and go through a lot of irrelevant links. You could also try to find an Aurora repair and discussion forum. Some members have been known to scan and upload the factory service repair manuals for other members to use. I downloaded the complete factory service repair manual for my Toyota Supra this way. Did the same for a Mercury Capri for a friend.

Your best bet is to go to Ebay and see if you can find a factory service repair manual for this car. I had another friend do this, and found a 2 volume set of the factory repair manual, complete with all the troubleshooting guides and step-by-step repair info for EVERYTHING on his car for $40. This was a 2000 Cadillac Catera, and neither Haynes or Chiltons had no books for. I paid $20 for a Ford service manual for my classic '62 Thunderbird, which includes EVERYTHING to restore my baby, including a section to rebuild the 2 speed automatic transmission and part numbers for every steel panel used to build her.

Go to this site http://www.autozone.com/autozone/. Register and you can look up basic repairs for your vehicle.

Tester