2001 Honda Accord won’t start after short trip

My 2001 Honda Accord won’t start after a short trip or shut car off and fails to restart. Any suggestions would help.

Sounds like a failing crankshaft position sensor.
Or a failing fuel pump
Or a failing fuel pressure regulator

Thank you, I can rule out the fuel pump since the gas tank and sending unit were replaced at the same time. I will check the other 2 possibilities. Again, any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Fails to restart can have two meanings.

You turn the ignition key to the start position and nothing happens. Or, you turn the ignition key to start, the engine cranks over but doesn’t start.

Tester

It cranks every time, but doesn’t start every time.

Describe a short trip.

Tester

Actually, I have sat in the driveway and shut the car off, then tried to start it again within 10 seconds and it won’t start. Or, drive a quarter mile down the road, shut car off and it won’t restart immediately.

Okay. Here’s what I want you to try the next time the engine won’t restart.

Hold the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor, and then try starting the engine.

If the engine starts, the problem is that the engine is flooded.

Tester

If above doesn’t figure it out, the approach which gets to the bottom of this kind of problem the fastest is to determine first whether the problem is fuel or spark. It is usually pretty easy to do a visual spark check when the symptom develops using a spare spark plug. Sometimes it is easier to spray starter fluid into the air intake instead. Either way can get a potential cause eliminated from the list.

I will try that thanks