2001 Chevy S10 Pickup went dead while driving

My 2001 Chevy S10 Extended Cab Pickup 4 Cyl 102K miles went dead immediately after pulling out of my parking space. Went about 10 yards and all of the sudden the engine, power, dash lights, everything shut down, requiring me put into Neutral and push to side of the road. One minute later, it started up just fine and got me through the day with no further problems. The NEXT day, on first attempt, I turn the key half way and all power and dash lights come on, but as soon as I try to turn the engine over, everything went dead and remains that way. It is currently in this state.

I replaced the battery 4 months ago. Any help is very much appreciated!!

Thank you,
Mike

Check the grounds on/around the battery. Both ends - you should probably check the positive side, too. The truck’s almost 12 years old, there’s bound to be corrosion somewhere. You just need to find it. If it’s acting OK sometimes (and cranks over hard when it does turn over), then don’t worry about the battery so much, just the connections.

Thanks chaissos! After reading your post, but not doing anything yet, the car started on the first try. I then turned it off and then everything went dead again and it would not start a second time. So I wiped clean both the positive and negative connections to the battery. There was very little corrosion, but after doing that I was able to start it 3 times in a row.

Hopefully that did the trick! Thanks so much for your advice.